Business Start-up Toolkit
The Business Start-up Toolkit is a valuable tool to assist you in starting your business. It includes information about key library resources available at the Duke Street Business Center as well as links to specific websites-including federal and Pennsylvania state websites-on the following topics:
- Is business ownership for you?
- Determine the type of business you want to start and research your market
- Consult with business professionals
- Determine the legal structure for your business
- Choose your business name
- Register your business, investigate zoning and special licenses
- Obtain your EIN and open a business bank account
- Determine your startup costs and projected monthly income and expenses
- Write your business plan
- Determine sources and secure financing
- Determine how you will market your product or service
- Establish record-keeping procedures for financial management, personnel, etc.
- Hire staff (as applicable)
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS!