ADULT SERVICES LIBRARIAN (Full-time)
Job Description: Lancaster Public Library is seeking a highly motivated, full-time professional Librarian for the Adult Services Department at its Lancaster City Branch. While staffing the Reference Desk, the Adult Services Librarian provides reference services directly to the public in a busy, urban setting. In order to provide effective service, this individual must be proficient in the use of print and electronic resources. The Adult Services Librarian also staffs the Computer Help Desk, assisting patrons using the Library’s public access computers. To be successful, this individual must be tech-savvy and enthusiastic about learning new technologies and sharing that knowledge with the public. The Adult Services Librarian is involved in planning and implementing entertaining, informative, and topical programs as well as conducting community outreach.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science required
- Self-starter capable of performing at a high level with minimal supervision
- Commitment to urban librarianship
- Proficient in the use of current technologies
- Commitment to excellence in the provision of reference service and adult programming
- Ability to speak a language in addition to English is desirable
- Knowledgeable about library trends
- Ability to work well with management, co-workers and volunteers
- Willingness to adapt to changing user needs
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Pleasant demeanor and helpful attitude essential
- Scheduling flexibility, including evenings and weekends
- Public library experience desirable
Compensation: Hourly rate – $15.51
Applications: Equal Opportunity Employer. Send letter, resume, and the names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of three references to the address below. Candidates must also submit a Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance. If available and current (within one year), submit copies with your application.
Employment Information and FormsApplication for Employment Request for Criminal Record Check Child Abuse Clearance Forms
A Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Clearance are required for all libary staff.
Process for Filing Clearances: The Criminal Clearance form must be submitted and processed first either by paying by credit card online or by mail. Once the processed Criminal Clearance is returned, the applicant should:
- make a copy
- file the original for future use
- attach the copy to the completed Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance form
- mail to the address at the top of this form at the Department of Welfare
Failure to follow the correct procedure will cause unnecessary delays in processing.
Please send all information to:
Lancaster Public Library
125 N. Duke Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
Attention: Kathy Leader
email@example.com or (fax) 717-394-3083